Curry Chicken and potatoes




Photobucket


I had to do this dish just because I had made roti and I don't think I would enjoy the roti without a curry dish. So, I had gone out in search of mock chicken strips and I was lucky enough to find some at Krogers. They have a really good selection of vegetarian products which I like.On my way to the store I was thinking maybe I didn't need to put the chicken in because i know some times in the islands they use just potatoes, but i am happy I followed my mind and added the chicken...turned out really good YUMMY.

Mock curry chicken and potatoes
4 medium size potatoes(washed, peel and cube into 1inch cubes)
1 cup cube mock chicken of your choice
1 mediun onion diced
2 cloves of finely chopped or crushed garlic
1/4 tsp hot chilli powder
1tsp ginger paste or grated
1 sprig thyme
1/2 green pepper
2 cups vegetable stock
1tsp. gara masala
1tsp curry powder
salt to adjust taste

Comments