Chocolate lover



When I am feeling blue all I have to do is go into the kitchen and whip something decadent and sinful up to cure my melancholy. Nothing tickles me more than to see m y fares being eaten and enjoyed, maybe it's the fact that I am not the only one consuming all the calories. last night my cool cat of a husband came home with chocolate cake on his mind so, I whipped out a wonderful little recipe from the Cotton Country cookbook which is a prize cook book I have in my collection. I chose a fudge cake recipe because it was moist and I could add some peanut butter to the recipe without altering it too much.

Well, this recipe turned out really fabulous as it was moist and had that hint of peanut butter that I love so much. that reminds me I have an 8 o clock date with the gym tomorrow. Not that the cake lasted very long anyway. Within 2 hours half the cake was gone and I am positive my husband will be taking the last of it to work in the morning.

Fudge cake with peanut
1 cup butter
1/4 tsp. soda
4squares Bakers chocolate
1/4 tsp. salt
2 cups sugar
2 cups chopped pecan
4 eggs
1 tsp.vanilla
1 cup flour(generous)
3tbsp. peanut butter

Melt butter and chocolate together. Add sugar and beat in eggs.Sift flour,salt,and soda, and add mixture. Add nuts, vanilla and peanut butter, do not mix out smooth leave clumps of the peanut butter so it's visible after baking.. Bake in a greased and lined pan(13+9)in a slow oven(275 degree)for 30 to 45 minutes.

Wonderful served hot with ice cream. Hey a few more calories what the heck.

Comments