The folks in my kitchen


This blog is reminiscing of my old life. Although I no longer consider myself a chef, I however love cooking and love eating even more.

My children refuse to eat fast food dinner like most normal family, they expect a home cook meal or will take leftovers rather than take a trek to the nearest fast food joint. My younger daughter Nikki has finally, at fourteen taken an interest in cooking(thank God). Her first cake from scratch and without a recipe was lets say a bit 'flat out', I had to inform her a recipe his mandatory if you are a novice. Unlike Mom who has baked over a hundred cakes and has many recipes memorized. she was not fazed by this episode and decided a recipe is a good thing to use. I would love to post a picture of her cake, but as this is my first post I don't think this would be appropriate, maybe in a few days :-)

What's cooking in Miz Reese's kitchen

My cooking style tends to simple and healthy, sometimes I tell myself that I am a vegetarian and goes through a faze. not to the pleasure of my older daughter Phil, that thinks she needs meat to survive. My husband he is a cool cat, he loves my cook and is usually satisfy with my many experiments.

Today I had a longing for bok choy, one of my favorite vegetables. It is done in a simple simple style of steam with :

3 cups cut up bok choy

1tbsp olive oil

2tbsp soy sauce(I used Braggs Amino)

i small onion chopped into small pieces

1/8 tsp chili pepper

1/2 green pepper chopped into small pieces

2 tbsp water

Combine all ingredients in a pot and steam at medium heat 5 mins, turn heat down to low and continue cooking for 8 mins.

Two chicken was easily cut into 1 inch cubes, seasoned with thyme,crushed garlic, basil,pinch of kosher salt. pinch of cayenne pepper an a table spoon of soy sauce, sauteed with 1tbsp of olive oil until cooked through.

Excellent with basmati rice

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breakfast is amazing with Pancakes

Getting the Brussel sprouts done

Mock Vegan Fish Slices with Garlic Parmesan Sauce