Tastiest leek and onion quiche


It's been one of those crazy days with graduation at the university and food to prep, it leaves no time for person chores. Last week was my birthday and I had a party, but here is the funny thing, I cook for my own party and that's because I truly enjoy cooking. There were about 35 people that attended and that was a success.Now, back to why I cooked for my own party, it relaxes me and take my mind of stressful things.
Well, today I had to whip something up fast for supper and I thought what I have not made in a month that I really like? My miund went to quiche so, I headed off the the big store. I was in Walmart and I saw these really fresh looking leeks and they also had onions on sale for .25 cents per pound. Obviously that was not going to pass me by as I love a good sale. So, I bought all the items I need for a quiche and whipped one up fast from an old recipe I had developed a while back. Here goes, I hope you like it as much as I do. I did take our 3 of the egg yolk since I am trying to get my waist line down.

Spicy Leek and Onion Quiche1 cup leek, sliced thin
1 cup onion, sliced thin
6 eggs
1/4 cup soy milk
1 cup monteray jack cheese shredded
1 tbsp parmesan cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
hot sauce to your desire
salt to taste
1 store bought pie shell

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Blind bake pie shell and line with foil paper then, add dried beans. Cook for 5 mins and remove beans and foil paper and bake for another 7 mins.
Sautee leeks and onions in olive oil for about 10 mins on mediun low. In a medium bowl beat eggs, milk,1/2 the cheeses add season to taste.Turn oven down to 350 degrees. Place cooked leek mixture in pie shell and pour cheese mixture over, add remaining cheese and bake for 30 mins at 350 degrees. You can decorate with tomato slices if desired.

Comments