Cooking Blue Fish with Pigeon Peas and Basmati Rice

Today, was one of those days, calm and relaxing with the weather just right. So, it was fish day and this is what I cooked for my friend Christina . I made blue fish, first time I am cooking it but, it turn out just awesome. I steamed it with a bit of veg and it was served with green pigeon peas and brown basmati rice.
How I did it


Rinse fish in cold water and pat dry with paper towel.
Season with salt, cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Let sit for 10 minutes.
Dice 1/2 red pepper, 1 small onion, 1 stalk celery, 1 tsp minced garlic and sautee for 5 minutes in 1 tbsp olive oil.


Place fish in pan with vegetables and add 1/2 cup of stock(fish or veg).
Add fresh herbs of choice, I used thyme and oregano. Adjust seasoning by adding 2 tsps Braggs Amino. Let fish cook for 15 minutes.

Comments