Tasty Vegan Coconut Rock buns



It is one of those days where you get home from work tired yet you end up in the kitchen for hours.Not sure why though, I chose to bake, it must be that I keep hearing DH's voice in my head"are you gonna bake anytime soon". I felt guilty because I knew what he wanted and have been putting it off. So after making my country meat logs I decided to make 'coconut rock buns'. These are little cakes that are made with shredded coconut, a bit of coconut flour among other things. They are delicious with a cup of tea or coffee and spread with jam or cream cheese. They are my DH's favorite nighttime snack. These came out so good I am not sure how long they are going to last. I must confess and since confession is good for the soul, here goes....I had two of those rock bun while they were warm. Just unbelievable.

How I made it.

This is consistency the dough should be




11/2cups AP flour
1 cup sweeten shredded coconut
1/2 cup rolled oats
2 tbsp flax seed meal
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp margarine
2 tbsp egg replacer
1tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cardamon
1 tbsp vanilla extract
1/2 non dairy milk
1/2 cup rasin
1/2 cup pecan(option)


Directions
Preheat oven to 350 degree. Grease and lightly flour.
In a large bowl combine all the above ingredients and mix with a hand mixer. Do not over mix or the cakes will come out tough. Now, you are going scoop the amount like 1/2 the amount of a tennis ball and place on the cookie sheet. Bake for 20 mins until lightly golden. Eat upon
completion, if any is left it can be freeze in zip lock bags for up to 3 weeks.

Comments