Getting the Brussel sprouts done


The Sprouts
Yesterday like any other day I sat wondering what my vegetable of the day should be. I thought of doing carrots, but that's an everyday occurrence. I usually make a carrot, celery and spinach drink in the mornings so I wasn't excited about having it for supper. I, then remember the brussels sprout sitting the cooler that no one want. I for one love the little sprouts and so does my hubby. The children however have declared that they hate brussels sprout and there is nothing I can do to them that will change their minds.
So, I decided and against the children's wishes I MADE THE SPROUTS.
I simple sauteed a handful of sliced mushroom and chopped onion until tender and golden. I then added the Brussels sprout and cover the sauce pan so as to build up steam. I turned the stove down to medium low and added salt and pepper to taste. If there is not enough liquid in the pot add about 2-3 tablespoon water, cook until tender, but crunchy.
The verdict, one child ate two sprouts...that's it.
ENJOY

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Breakfast is amazing with Pancakes

Super Bowl Spicy Chicken