Breakfast is amazing with Pancakes


It's on lazy summer days that my appitte calls for a filling breakfast. You would think that I would want something lite and fruity, but oh no no it has to be pancakes. This has to be my very favorited food to have. If I am feeling down, or if I am happy or even just waking up hungry, pancakes are my go to comfort food. I like all flavors and all textures, but chewy pancakes make me smikle. I know fluffy is the way to pancake heaven, but I can get there doing chewy.
This morning I woke up with my mind on pancakes. I knew i had toi make some and they had to be special. I have been meaning to do a pear and apple combination for a while and there was no better time to do so. This is a pancake lover home and I knew I would have no trouble finding help to eat the goodies, Even the Hubster enjoys a plate of pancakes.
So here we go with:
                      PEAR APPLE PANCAKES with fruit compote
                      1 cup all-purpose flour
                       1tsp baking powder
                       1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
                        1/4 tsp salt
                        1 cup milk
                        1 slightly beaten egg
                        1 grated apple
                         1 grate ripe pear
                         1 tbsp melted butter.
Add all the dry ingredients to a medium bowl and combine well. Set aside dry ingredients and in another bowl combine all wet ingredients. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and conbine thoroughly. Do not over mix. With a ladle add pancakes to a griddle or in a fry pan and cook until golden brown on either side.

Bubbles on batter means one side iscooked and it's ready to flip over.
                     
                 
                        Berry Compote
                   
                      1 cup mixed berries
                       1/2 cup white sugar
                       2 tbspp orange juice
Add ingredients to a small sauce pan and cook on medion heat for 0 minutes or until berries are soft, sugar melted and ayrup is formed. Serve over pan cakes, waffles or ice cream. Can be kept i n the refridgerator for a week.

This is what comfort food is all about...feeling satisfied.



Comments