Most delicious Coconut Blueberry Zucchini Bread

 Relaxing Hobby



Realizing when you need to relax is beneficial to mind and body. It is easy to get caught up in daily life's struggles and be stressed out however, having an outlet is a redeeming factor. I am fortunate that earlier on I discovered that baking took me to a place of calmness and relaxation. Some people get that same effect from meditating, chanting, or even yoga. Others will tell you that sex does the same for them, whatever it is that puts you at ease and calms the mind will work.

So, onto the coconut blueberry zucchini loaf, I had planned all week that a zucchini loaf would be nice since I had a few zucchini leftovers from making zucchini fritters last week. There just happened to be an abundance of it at the grocery store so, I got a bit more than I normally would...and the price was attractive, I couldn't resist.

The zucchini is one of those bland vegetables that can adapt to whatever seasoning or cooking method is chosen. Today, I thought zucchini bread would be most appropriate to be part of our Sunday brunch and it was a hit.

The recipe

2 eggs

1 cup sugar

1 tsp.vanilla

11/4 cup shredded zucchini

1/2 flour, sifted

1/4 cup sour cream

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp baking soda

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 cup shredded unsweetened desiccated coconut

2/3 cup frozen blueberries

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350 DEGREE

Combine all the wet ingredients and mix well. Slowly add dry ingredients and combine well, do not over mix. Pour the mixture into a greased and floured loaf pan. Bake for 45 mins. Enjoy.




DO I NEED TO SQUEEZE THE ZUCCHINI?  Yes, I recommend that the zucchini be squeezed, that way your loaf won't be soggy,

This zucchini coconut blueberry loaf CAN EASILY BE FREEZED  for up to a year. Wrap loaf in foil and secure completely, then place in a zip lock freezer bag.

NUTS MAY BE   ADDED. I did add nuts because I used coconut instead.

    




Comments